Friday, October 8, 2010

A Hard Day's Night

I have been trying to keep my perspective, and stay positive! That's the best I can say about the last week or so. I constantly need to remind myself to stay positive, as I slip into my usual sarcastic self. I still haven't done any sewing, but I got out my knitting needles and actually knit about 20 rows just to get a feel of the new bamboo needles and the cotton thread. Something new, although might not be very exciting. I got my glasses out and am trying to be okay with wearing them :) So silly to be self-conscious about wearing glasses, but I guess I am not the wisest of them. A conversation with a friend made me get my guitar out, but guess what - I didn't play, my daughter did. She loved mama's guitar, and kept telling us how pretty the instrument is. At the end of the day, even if the only accomplishment is to make Sophia happy, it's totally worth it. But not only that, my son suddenly got all excited and asked me to teach him to play acoustic. My dear husband laughed that mommy needs to learn herself before she can teach anyone. True , of course....

On the baking topic, I made a PW's Chocolate Sheet Cake and it is FANTASTIC! Make it, you won't regret it!

I also survived taking my son to his swimming lesson and entertaining Sophia on the playground for 45 minutes (If you didn't know, in that specific time frame a 2 year old girl can climb- with mama's help- and go down the slide approximately 45 times!). Soccer practice next night was a piece of pie after that, as there were no high structures to climb in the proximity of the field.

Have a Happy Turkey Day (if you are in Canada) and let's remember to be thankful for what we have, as often we concentrate on what we don't :) Hug your kids, kiss your spouses, and send a prayer into the Universe asking for some of that for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment