Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On Karma and Long Weekend

We had a wonderful long weekend here. We started off with going to the playground with my daughter and spending Saturday morning sliding down multiple slides, swinging on the swings and running through the sprinklers in the water park. Once my toddler settled down for a nap, it was time to sneak out with my son and go watch Harry Potter in 3D. And it was absolutely awesome. I cried. Twice. Thanks to the 3D glasses that had not been noticed ny my almost 13-year old as I would never hear the end of it :))

Saturday started with sour cream pancakes from my Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook. I needed to do some shopping and my husband volunteered to take the kids to the park. We drove out within minutes from each other only to be caught in a downpour of epic proportions. After a short phone call it's been decided that Starbucks should substitute for the absence of the walk in the park. We met in our favorite spot inside a bookstore and had some drinks and pastries. It was lovely :) Once the kids migrated towards the play area in the book store I decided to and attempt some shopping. The result was somewhat more expensive than expected. Although I got some excellent deals, I also had my iPhone stolen. That put a massive dumper on my weekend, but it is what it is...

On Monday we made another trip to the playground, and later bought some fresh fruits and veggies from a little farm. It was a mellow and pleasant weekend, and aside from the stolen phone I wish all our weekends were like that. Now I just need to figure out whether to cancel my contract and pay the fees or just brave a new phone....

P.S. Reference to Karma in the title - 1) My iPhones have bad karma - first one had a hardware issue, so this was replacement phone. 2) Whomever took my phone better be getting some good slapping from karma...

P.P.S. All the pictures from the playground were on the phone, so I have no pics to show for this weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment